Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Psalm 85: 10-13 - Memories Worth Keeping

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

My middle brother, Michael, was always a trouble maker. No matter what he tried to accomplish in life it seemed to always come down to how bad do you really want to have this because it is going to be a battle. Being the older sister, of 4 boys, this is what I remember most about him. He had a charm about him and yet why was it that he had to face each situation in his life this way. He was the only one who really understood me and loved me even through all my flaws, which I could hide from everyone else but not him. Even as I sat at his side as he was dying and wanted so desparately to hold his hand his refusal was his way of saying, "I know that this will be to difficult for you sis,".

His passion was fishing and so is mine, in our childhood years he was the only one who would allow me to sit along the bank and fish with him, patiently baiting my hook for I hated putting the grubs or worms on the hook.

When he was diagnosed with multiple cancers and had only months to live the Lord so graciously granted out request to spend some time together fishing side by side.

There is a very special bridge that I liked to fish from and as we sat in the Denver airport we made a bet to see who could catch the biggest, the most and the first fish off of the bridge. When we arrived at our folks house and realized that this was the year for record flooding and fishing from the bridge was not going to be possible, I was so upset, but my brother took it all in stride and said, "There are lots of places to fish, we will just have to wait until another time to fish from the bridge." That never happened.

I keep a photo of that bridge, sagging from the flooded waters and remember my brother. It is not a memory of something that did not happen, but a memory of how special was our time spent the month of May fishing side by side.

These verses spoke to me this morning - "Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven. The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest. Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps."

Abba Father, thank you for memories worth keeping, thank you that it is Your love and faithfulness that meet together and that righteousness and peace kiss each other. O LORD that indeed it is faithfulness which springs forth from the earth and it is righteousness which looks down from heaven. Praise thee oh Lord that it You will indeed give what is GOOD and our land will yield its harvest. Praise thee that righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps. Today Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that this may be evident in their lives as they walk through the day that you have planned and purposed for them. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Property of the Eternal,



LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home