Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Waiting in the Garden

Greetings dear sisters-in-Christ,

When I was 10-11 years old I would take my favorite walk which started out the driveway up the steep hill past the grouchy old lady's house up two streets and turn left. First stop the corner store, where I purchased some favorite candy I'm not quite sure right now, then down 3 blocks to the library and then over to the big school, the High School where I knew that I was going to get to go. It consisted of about 10 blocks all together but when you are a kid it was a long way to travel. Today I'm realizing that I'm a little kid. I have my favorite walks stopping at familiar places purchasing my favorites and eventually heading for my longed for in the future place where it will be fabulous.

And especially for today and the next few months I'm hoping that the Lord will bring to mind my favorite walks with Him and how "He walks with me and how He talks with me and He tells me I am His own and the Joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known." ( In the Garden by C. Austin Miles).

Abba Father, thank You that You have a Garden for us to run into. I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this week that You would bring to remembrance of her favorite walks with You and how loving and faithful are Your promises which bring glorious Joy and Hope and most of all LOVE. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Waiting in His Garden,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home