Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"Talking Story" about Giraffes

Greetings to my dear sisters-in-Christ,

Last Wednesday afternoon, on the plane, coming home after finding out that God is still Good and still heals (that is for another posting), sitting down next to a young lady. I am wondering what her story is, why she is on the plane and where she is going? She has a stuffed animal in her lap and guess what it is? A giraffe - yep the cutest stuffed giraffe. It was then that we started "talking story" about being giraffe lovers. She had never actually met anyone who liked (loved, adored) giraffes and she was pretty new at knowing all the different array of collectibles. I filled her in telling her about my lifelong pursuit of being a giraffe lover. We also talked about other things but we came back to the subject of giraffes.

"Talking story", that is what we call it here on the islands. Talking story is not gossiping or even slandering -just sharing!

I'm sure that each of us every day encounter people that we can just share (talk story). For me, I know that God has given me so many opportunities to be able to do just that - to "talk story".

Abba Father, thank You that You are a God who knows us by name. Thank You LORD that You "will command Your lovingkindness in the daytime; and Your song will be with me in the night." (Psalm 42:8). Thank You Abba that You also say in Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel with My eye upon you". Oh, most Sovereign LORD I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ today and in the days ahead that she would embrace Your lovingkindness in the daytime and hear Your song in the night. And that she "talk story" to know your instruction and teaching and counsel that she may be blessed and be a blessing. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Awaiting His Triumphant Return,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home