Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Brought You Here

Greetings to my dear friends and sisters-in-Christ.

There was a movie from a few years back and one of the lines the actor used was, "It's an island, if you did not bring it here it did not get here." So I live on an island and almost every time I meet someone new I ask them, "What brought you here?" (well actually I'm thinking to myself - what brought you to MY island). Each story is different and yet each is unique. I so love to hear the stories and each time I am AMAZED at the creativity of our GOD. What we think we brought our most Sovereign Lord takes that old me and brings me to HIS ISLAND. And what things are all ready here:

(I)ntimacy
(S)trength
(L)ove
(A)doration
(N)ew _____
(D)evotion


So for today, you may not live on an island but you live somewhere and in reflection it is probably the same. What brought you to this place and what was already here - The two are as far as the east is from the west.


Isn't our God Great!!


Abba Father, most Gracious and most Gentle Lord. Thank you for Your most Precious and Glorious Promises. Your Word of Truth which calms, cleanses and completes. Lord I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ that this day she would see with her eyes, hear with her ears, understand with her mind and perceive in her heart the things of God and know that You have already brought all that she will ever need to live for today and that this day is filled with ALL of YOU. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Until next week,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home