Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Special Child

Dear Sisters-in-Christ:

Today is my son's birthday and upon waking I called and texted him to wish him a Happy Birthday, which brought back memories of long ago. My son is a miracle. God named him and God continues to bless him richly. And how I know - the spring of 1971 I was having severe female problems - after a doctor's visit it was confirmed that I was pregnant and would probably have a miscarriage because something was not right, when the miscarriage did not happen I was told that they would have to perform an abortion. This was not an acceptable option for us so I was put on bed rest - shortly afterwards I started cramping - and rushed to the doctor's office where I was immediately rushed to the hospital and the abortion was performed. It was a boy and every July 6th since I have grieved for the lose of him. I was told at that time that the danger of having another child would probably be fatal and advised to never have children again. I waited a couple of years and then I began to ask of my God for another child. I asked of my friends to begin praying for a healing of my womb that I could have another child. God answered - He told me that I would have a child and I was to name him. He gave me the name and the spelling of the name and told me that it meant God's Peace. And today is his birthday!! So Happy Birthday to my most adorable loving Son.


Heavenly Father, how Precious are Your Promises, how Blessed are Your Truths, how Glorious are Your Riches, thank You Abba for Your miracles of Healing, of Restoration, of Redemption, of Forgiveness, of Faith, of Hope and of Love. How amazing are the ways they are showered upon us - sometimes in the simplest and mundane ways and sometimes in the waves crashing, winds billowing, and soot do they come. Oh, most Sovereign Lord I come today and ask for the miraculous to come for each and every dear sister-in-Christ. Only You know the heart's cry of each one. Only You Are Able. In Jesus Name, Amen

Until next week,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home