Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Simple Greeting

Greetings to my dear and wonderful sisters-in-Christ,

Yes you are wonderful and beautiful and gracious and righteous and holy. Yep that's you all in one package ready to face the day or in some cases have already been facing the day, what with the time differences.

I am making a conscience effort to say "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year", in response to the greetings that I am receiving, "Happy Holidays". And the response I get back is usually a big sigh that it is okay for them to say Merry Christmas and they repeat it back even more heartily than the first greeting.

I say conscience effort because it would be so easy and non threatening to just stick with the "politically correct" response for this year. Last year it was Happy Holidays, the year before that it was Season's Greetings. If I continue to say Merry Christmas then I don't have to be concerned about what is the "right thing" to say this year.

Merry Christmas to all, may you make a conscience effort to remember that it was CHRIST - for the WORD states, Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And as the greetings will abound until after the first of the year I want to be one who brings the Truth into the hearts of all who the Lord places in my day.

Heavenly Father, thank You for special moments and thank You for special glimpses. Abba Father I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this day and in the days ahead that she be unencumbered with the thoughts of man and be renewed with the mind of Christ. May her eyes be filled with the wonder of Your Truth, may her heart be filled with the knowledge of Your Grace, may her ears be filled with Your most intimate whispers and may her mind be filled with whatsoever is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good repost, virtuous, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8) In Jesus Name, Amen.


Until next week,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home