Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Glimpses Into Life

Greetings,

Being the people watcher that I am - I am able to get glimpses into the lives of people. Mind you it is only the surface things that I see. The way a person holds their head while patiently waiting, the pacing and viewing into the window to see if someone is coming, the way a person enters a room. Now why do I do this - I'm bored I guess or maybe it keeps me out of trouble. Just something that I find enjoyable. This is one way that I seem to be able to get little glimpses into lives. Not personal at all - which can be a very good thing.

My glimpses into lives which I enjoy so very much are the emails that I receive from all of you - how God is or has touched your life. How He so tenderly and generously blesses each and every one of you.

A couple of days ago I received an email from a friend that I have known for over 30 years - she updated me on where and how the Lord was working in her life. On Sunday we met with some friends who had moved to the mainland and were back for a few weeks - we shared how the Lord was working in their lives. Last week a friend emailed me that she wanted to set up a time to talk on the phone to find out how our Lord was working in each other's life. A dear friend who lives in Australia, whom I have never met face to face, only through emails and her wonderful "Diary For A Lady" book which I have been receiving for 4 years, sent me a beautiful flower, an original artwork, which I will be using as a signature. Another friend keeps me updated with pictures of herself and her son and how the Lord is working in her life. A friend whom I met (a divine appointment) emailed me with words of encouragement for the prayers she had been receiving. For my dear sisters-in-Christ who I get to see all the time - the hugs and prays and glimpses into how the Lord is working in your lives - thank you. Each and every one of you are so very precious to me.

These are the glimpses into lives that I am "talking about". The ones that keep me focused on what is the most important thing - the LORD. By your sharing I am getting little glimpses into lives - and asking, seeking, praising and glorifying our LORD for HIS Goodness and Kindness and Faithfulness and Tender Mercies.

Abba Father, our most Sovereign Lord, thank you that You have given to me this burden to pray for each of these precious sisters-in-Christ. Oh LORD, I thank you for allowing me to see glimpses into these lives. LORD, as each of us enter into prayer and worship may we in one accord agree and ask according to your WORD, "So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God." (Col. 3:12-16)

Until next week,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home