Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On the Hill with the 5000

Greetings,

It's Wednesday already and yes I am here enjoying our time together. Instead of my cup of tea I am enjoying a cup of Kona coffee. The beans are grown, prepared, processed and packaged by prayer. The man and woman team who prepare this fine coffee pray over the land everyday. The coffee is blessed. WOW! Jesus took the fish and loaf of bread and prayed. A meal like no other satisfying to the depth of the soul. After praying he began to separate and place in baskets and there was enough. We pray, God blesses, He separates and places in baskets (our hands, hearts, minds) and then we give it away. And there is enough. Of all the things that could have been done on that hill where 5000+ had gathered Jesus fed them with real food, fish and bread.

Now take me - what would I have done with a crowd of 5000. Well - I like to watch people. I would have beeb very content just watching how the people act and interact with each other. Give me a mall with a bench and I would grab an ice cream cone and sit on the bench watching until my mind was so filled up with different expressions, sounds, and conversations that I would be physically exhausted for days afterwards. So I would be perfectly content with just watching - sitting on the hill with the 5000.
How about you?

Heavenly Father,

How wonderful, how glorious are Your Ways, beyond our ways. Thank You O most Sovereign Lord that You are our LORD. Lord I pray that You would take each one of us, your dear children, out of our comfort zone and may it begin today. Lord may this be the day that our hearts and minds be renewed to a new way of thinking and doing. May it be a day where what we receive from You will be poured forth and it will be enough. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home