Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Lesson Learned at Walmart

Greetings,

Yes, God had a lesson for me to learn at Walmart but right up front let me adamantly tell you I was dragged. I needed some cleaning supplies and personal items and my husband needed bird litter (he gets a special kind) I was not going to go to Walmart on a Sunday afternoon, [no way!!] Here on the Big Island our choices are Walmart or KMart. My choice was KMart - so off I go. When I get to KMart I find some of my things and go to the pet aisle to pick up the bird litter. I'm looking for the third time in the pet aisle, okay I'm searching in the aisle on either side of the pet aisle. I talk out-loud, Lord please let it be here I do not want to go to Walmart - my husband is at a friend's house and I know that he left his cell phone at home on the charger - I have his friend's cell phone number so I try calling him to see if he would please take a different kind this time so I don't have to go to Walmart - I get the answering machine. Okay so I have to go to Walmart to pick up the bird litter - I'm not happy about this at all. Entering into Walmart - walking down the main aisle and in comes a mother, darling young lady, in the shopping cart is a little boy - the mom has placed him in one of those padded seats for shopping carts and he is sitting ever so upright and he is looking at him mom - he has his eyes on her like a hawk. I'm thinking to myself that this is pretty interesting and continue on my way - I encounter them a couple more times in my attempting to get to where I need to be- She stops in the main aisle, leaves the shopping cart and the boy and goes down a side aisle (now this is where I find it very interesting) the boy sat ever so upright but I knew where his mom was exactly because he had his eyes focused on her completely. She came back to the cart and looked at him and he smiled and they continued on their way. We continued to encounter each other for a few more aisles.

My Lesson Learned at Walmart - First was to realize that God had been telling me, "come to Walmart I have something I want you to see, even when I tried KMart, He still was wooing me to Come to Walmart, I want to show You something about you and Me. You are my child - keep your eyes Focused on Me - Even when I leave you in the middle of the aisle - Keep your eyes upon Me. You can sit up straight and grip the cart handle and let me guide you through the hustle and bustle - and when I let go - just keep your focus on Me.

Heavenly Father, Abba, Praise You above all else, Hallelujah my LORD. Thank You for Your Outstretched Hand which reaches to the end of the earth and back again to Embrace me. Lord I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this day and in the days ahead that she would let You guide her into the places where You will show her Your Power and Peace and Presence and Provision and Purpose. Lord Jehovah GOD may she allow You to show her something about You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home