Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Two Words

Greetings to my dear sisters-in-Christ,

This being the beginning of the Christmas season, a word was stated in church that I only hear at Christmas time- Advent; so I looked it up in the dictionary, (because I was not sure of the meaning and/or application).

I have a dear sister-in-Christ you always asks "where is that in the Bible".

Advent dictionary definition: the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event. The first season of the church year leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding Sundays. Christian Theology: the coming or second coming of Christ - of Latin origin.

My DH asked about the meaning of the second word, Hallelujah. Dictionary definition: exclamation, God be praised uttered in worship or as an explanation of rejoicing - directly from Hebrew. When looking up this word I saw Hallel which means a portion of the servie for certain Jewish praise festivals Psalms 113-118.

Very interesting!

No longer are these two words a puzzle for me for I know the meaning of them. As to applying them to my life - I choose to celebrate the advent of Jesus Christ by shouting HALLELUJAH all the day long.

I am entering into another day and for some the day is fast approaching the setting of the sun. A day is which we are anticipating the second coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

For my sisters-in-Christ who are experiencing stressful situations with the conditions of nature's fury I pray for a peace during this turbulent storm. It to shall pass and I pray that in the midst of the storm that your FAITH would be built up in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May Your Mind and Heart be saturated with the gifts of the Holy Spirit and may you have every occasion to bless the Lord for the mighty works that He has/is/and will do in the midst of this storm.

Abba Father, our Great and Mighty God, our most Sovereign LORD, Hallelujah to You our GOD, the great I AM. Praise thee for each dear sister-in-Christ that her salvation is secure and no matter the situation may she grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. (II Peter 3:18) I pray also that you Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 21) In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,


Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home