Wednesday, August 01, 2007

High Tea with Jesus

Greetings from my heart to yours dear friends and sisters-in-Christ:

The first of August, amazing that another month has begun.

In my devotional the scripture quote for August is 2 Peter 3:18, "but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen."

I have decided to cling to that verse this month and what better way than to have High Tea with Jesus.

My daughter knew how much I liked High Teas so right before her wedding she set aside a day for us to have high tea. I remember the High Tea house, what was laid before us. Our conversation. Yes, this was a special time where it was just the two of us for the present time and we enjoyed each others company. Her life was to change in so many ways and being together as mother and daughter was the best gift she gave me.

This memory came flooding in as I thought on 2 Peter 3:18. Having High Tea with Jesus, just Him and me.

Heavenly Father, oh Most Sovereign LORD, thank you. Spending time with You, listening and communing and worshiping. LORD, Jehovah Rapha, Immanuel, El Shaddai, may our time spent with You this day and this week be a sweet, sweet Joy. May each dear sister-in-Christ come to the Garden this day and be alone with thee. May she grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Until next week,


Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home