Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mindless vs Mindful

Greetings,

This morning I got up earlier than normal, (5:30 am) and decided that sweeping my carport and cleaning up the tar mess from the driveway and street, which had been created by the city who paved our road, would be a mindless thing that I could do so I could hear from God as to what He wanted me to write and pray about today. I was thinking that by just cleaning up the dust and debris I would be able to gather my thoughts together. Of course being so early in the morning and still in my pjs and out sweeping the carport and driveway, I did not think that any human contact would be made. Only the neighborhood dogs are up and roaming around at that time of the morning. Well, guess what - yep you guessed right the first time. A dog did show with her owners. They were out for a stroll. At first I thought it was the neighbor and her dog, (BIG PINCHER). She, the owner, speaks only Japanese so we greet each other with a bow. So, I knew that I could keep up with my mindless work, sweeping the driveway entrance. As the dog got closer, it was not who I expected at all. It was the woman with her husband and their wonderful older German Shepherd dog. I became mindful at this point. (I'm in my pjs, have not combed my hair yet) Should I greet them. [This woman and her dog have a history with me. When we first came to the island, I would walk in the mornings and would pass her and the dog. After a while I started saying a pray each time that I passed her.] And here she was, I could actually talk to her and greet her dog. It was a wonderful morning conversation. How the Lord takes a mindless task and turns it around to be a very mindful and glorious thing.


Heavenly Father, most Sovereign and Gracious. Our Good God whose ways and thoughts are higher than ours. Lord I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this day and in the days ahead that they would be mindful of the things of God and ask that You would direct each mindless thought and word and deed and put into their hearts a love for Your Power and Peace and Presence in their lives directing them to the mindful things. May they desire to have the mind of Christ. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home