Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Looking Back

Greetings to my dear friends and sisters-in-Christ,

I am guilty of watching some reality shows and game shows. This past week I was watching two shows where the contestants were both women in their last 30's and early 40's. Each woman was single, still living at home with their parents and seemed to be content with that unless something like a new found love or a bundle of cash was suddenly dropped upon them. I began to think on this. Looking back I realized that I had said a number of times as a teenager that I was not going to get married until I was 26 or 27. I was QUITE content with just being at home. In fact I was not one to go on field trips at school because I didn't like being away from home. And I only went on one overnight pep rally because I got so homesick. I know that if GOD in His most Infinite Wisdom has not thrown me out of the nest I would have stayed, being quite content, with my folks. Thank you Lord. Am I ready to be stirred again to ask for the passion, to knock at the doors of life and have them opened wide with blessings, to seek that which desires to be found.

I pray for each of you this day dear sisters-in-Christ.

Abba Father, our most Sovereign and Holy GOD, who continually whispers our name, who has planned and purposed a life which no one can take away, a life where HE brings JOY, PEACE, HOPE, LOVE, EVERLASTING LIFE. Lord God may Your Glory abound in our hearts as we enjoy the journey and in the looking back may we thank You for where You took our hearts and our minds and our bodies and said You are mine and I want to bless You. Remain in Me. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Until next week,

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home