Wednesday, July 26, 2006

March 1998 Memory

Greetings from my heart to yours dear sister-in-Christ,

Today I would like to relate a memory of mine from March 1998. I was living in Montana at the time. All the children were gone so I was considered an "empty nester". My husband was going to be traveling with his father to Australia and New Zealand for 3 weeks and I would be home alone. I had wanted to see my folks who were staying at a trailer park in Southern California. So arrangements were made to travel to Santa Barbara from Billings and spend the extended weekend with them. Little did I realize just what mom and dad had arranged for me. Daddy and Mommie met me at the Santa Barbara Airport on the wonderful Thursday night and my daddy had a twig from a Jasmin plant which had little flowers on it. The flowers smelled so wonderful. After many hugs and kisses we headed for a place to eat and then the adventure began. My parents had arranged for all my brothers and their families to be their for a big, big family get together. I had talked to two of my children who were living in Southern California at the time and told them that I would be close to them if they could arrange to come see me. And Yes they were there. Oh how very special that time with family and loved ones was. I kept the Jasmin twig, mounted it and framed it, and it sits on my computer desk, (in fact I am looking at it now).

Thank you for letting me share this lengthy story about a memory from March 1998. I also have placed in my bible beside scripture where many times the Lord has been faithful and as I read some of those I once again am reminded of how very faithful and loving and kind is my Heavenly Father who arranges the greatest adventures of all and blesses me with an unfathomable love and lavishes the most precious gifts upon me.


Heavenly Father, Abba, Praise thee for whom all blessings flow, Praise and Honor and Glory to Your Most Magnificent Name, a Name above all Names. Forgive me for doubting for even a millisecond Your Promises and Faithfulness. Thank You for Your Faithfulness and Your Grace. Lord I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ today and in the days ahead that You would bring to remembrance. Only You know our hearts and our minds, only You are able to bring to remembrance each individual instance where You have been faithful, where You have directed each step, where You have quickened the Holy Spirit in us to walk in obedience, to trust, to lean not on our own understanding, to walk by faith and not by sight. Lord God may Your Living Water be poured into us, Lord God may Your Living Word sustain us, and Lord God may Your Presence keep us. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week, God Bless

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home