Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Don't Worry Be Joyous

Good Morning my dear sisters-in-Christ,

Yes, I know that is not the lyrics of the song, but as a Christian the idea of being happy seems an oxymoron. We are to trust in something which is invisible-it is unseen, unheard, unscented, untouchable and unfeelable. How can I be happy with that? How can I not WORRY? [My thought is always, just let me get to it and something will be done immediately and I will be happy]

I sincerely believe that our God is developing in us our FAITH. It is in the inner man, (the invisible) where only God knows and sees and hears.

And in knowing that when two or more are gathered in His name that He hears, I pray the prayer that Paul prayed for the Ephesians and have the blessed assurance that just as the Father heard his prayer He hears mine. I pray this for my sisters-in-Christ throughout the world - Ephesians 3:16-21:

Heavenly Father,

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is a work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Until next week may this day and the days ahead Be Joyous,

Your dear friend and fellow sister-in-Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home