Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Prayer - What a Privilege

Greetings to all of you,

Yes, it is a wonderful privilege to bring all before the throne of Grace. How easily I am to call upon a friend or to mindlessly talk to myself when I should be directing my thoughts to the One who is able. And then again how much I take it for granted.

I was looking in the back flap of my bible today and found some things I have been keeping -

1) a word from the Lord - September 2003

2) Water Baptism Certificate - September 1995

3) Church Membership Certificate - March 2000

4) a lock of my hair which my mother gave to me from October 1954.

5) a special verse from a friend who the Lord had directed her to give to me.

6) a letter from my daughter who was away at college - October 1998

7) my admittance to CDC - September 1986

plus a few articles about how to walk out my Christian Faith that I've wanted to keep.

At times when I think that I have come a long way on this journey - I'm convinced that the Lord draws me back to these things which I have been keeping. He gives me a new perspective on the keeping; a reminder of Who He Is and how He Keeps.

2 Tim. 1:12 "...I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

Psalm 121:5 "The Lord is they Keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand."


Heavenly Father, Abba, Praise thee oh most sovereign Lord, thank you for the privilege given. Thank You Jesus, thank you Holy Spirit. May I constantly bring everything to You for safe keeping. You are my Keeper. And just as Paul may I know and believe and be persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day. Oh, Lord may each sister-in-Christ commit all to you this day and believe and be persuaded that you are able. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,

God Bless and Keep You

Your friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home