Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Psalm 46: 1-3 Getting Chicken Skin

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Here on the islands if something touches you in such a way as to cause extreme emotions of fear or overwhelming happiness, we say, "oh, I'm getting chicken skin." At first I could not imagine what was meant by it but really it seems a better analogy than "having goose bumps."

Now what does that have to do with my posting for the day - There seems to be fewer and fewer times that I am drawn into a situation or a conversation which causes me to get chicken skin. But night before last while reading my devotional there was this verse,(Psalm 46:1-3), "Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling." Wow, this is what the WORD says - we will not fear. And how can this be? The earth is shaking and the mountains are falling! As I was trying to take in the scene of these word pictures - I began to imaging just how emotional would I be if suddenly we started to have an earthquake and my heart began to race just thinking about it. I continued to read and a few verses later came the answer, (Col. 3:3) "Your life is hidden with Christ in God."

Yes, Jesus Christ, He is the Way, the Truth, the Life. So many times I just keep Him as the center of my salvation alone but now with the situations happening all around us it is more important than ever to remember that whatever causes us to have "chicken skin" or "goose bumps" out of fear, that we are able to stand firm because of this PROMISE - Your Life is Hidden with Christ in God."

Abba Father, oh most Sovereign Lord what words could I use to express? Thank you, oh Praise thee for Your Amazing Grace. I pray for each sister-in-Christ this day that all the doubts, disappointments, pain, and anxious thoughts which causes her to get chicken skin would be changed this day. And that when she calls upon the Name of Jesus, in that instance her life is hidden with Christ in God and then the chicken skin would be her expressions of Joy and Hope and that Peace which passes all understanding. In Jesus Name, Amen.

What an AWESOME LORD!!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home