Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful for Time

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Two weeks ago a newly hired co worker and one that I had worked with in a previous job told me that her husband of 38 years was told by his doctor that he has 3-6 months to live. I gave her a big big hug and told her that I was sorry and that I would be praying for her.

That evening I looked at my husband of over 39 years and wondered to myself what I would do if that were to happen. I next got up and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him I loved him. Naturally, his reply was what's that for. I then told him about my co worker.

Each day at work now I reach out to her either by a touch on the shoulder or a reassuring smile or just stand by her so she knows that she is not alone and I will continue to pray for her and her husband. So today I am thankful for time. Yes, time, how gracious our God is for 24 hours and just as with my co-worker who now takes advantage of every moment of time with her husband because it is running out. I to am thankful for each moment of time because it is the same with me, it is running out.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for each twenty-four hour day which you say in your Word is filled with Your tender mercies. I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ that for today she will Trust in Your Promises which You perfect and complete in Your time. May they live each twenty-four hour day with the complete confidence that Your love is what sustains them. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Thankful for Time,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home