Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Battlefield of Prayer

Greetings dear sisters-in-Christ,

Looking at the title you are most likely wondering? Along with reading the new testament in 90 days which my church is doing for this summer, I am still reading my other devotional that is a daily reading of the Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and New Testament. I have asked the Lord for the time and He is still waking me at 5:30-5:45 am to meet with Him. The last couple of days I have been reading in the Old Testament about the seating of kings and removal of them. The Lord spoke through the prophets and told of what was to happen and it happened. Also I found that the Old Testament is a battlefield. Each step forward seems to cause 100 steps backwards. Just yesterday my reading was about how a king destroyed all the idols and magicians and temple worship and as soon as he dies his son who becomes the new king brings it all back again. Yes it is a battlefield.

I am on the battlefield of Prayer, and just this morning, June 18th reading in my Joy and Strength by Mary Wilder Tileston, an excerpt by Charles H. Brent, "Probably the greatest result of the life of prayer is an unconscious but steady growth into the knowledge of the mind of God and into conformity with His will; for after all prayer is not so much the means whereby God's will is bent to man's desires, as it is that whereby man's will is bent to God's desires." Dear sisters-in-Christ this is the battlefield - my will and God's will - my desires and God's desires. My heart's desire is to be victorious in my prayer life. To bow my heart and mind and body and offer up to my GOD my desires and my will and cry out LORD, CHANGE ME AND MOLD ME.

Heavenly Father, Glorious and Mighty LORD, Praise and Glory and Honor, how marvelous are Your Promises which You delight in blessing us Your daughters. Abba, Father I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she would approach her battlefield of prayer with the full armor of God, having equipped herself with the TRUTH. I pray for her to remember the Promises, to hear the Whispers, to see the army of God, and to know her GOD. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until Next Week,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home