Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Thief Upon the Cross

Greetings,

I have been reading in Luke 24 about the crucifixion of Jesus. This being so close to Easter - in past years, Easter was a time to get baskets prepared for the children, choir practice at the church, egg hunts on Saturday, midday prayer time at the church on Good Friday and what to prepare for Easter dinner, and there was also some relief in sight as to what I had given up during Lent, and knowing that once again I could enjoy whatever it was I had given up again without feeling guilty. So to continue -- I was reading the account of the two thieves on the cross. And I asked God in my quiet time to help me to be more like the thief on the cross who recognized that as he hung there on the cross he asked of Him: " Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kindom." Ah, that all, even me, would recognize the Jesus Christ is Lord. That He is King. And as Jesus Christ answered him, "Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise". I pray that this Easter is a day of WORSHIP.

Recognizing that our Lord, our Savior, and our King is inviting all the people who are like the thieves upon the cross, just hanging on, helpless, condemned, without hope, in pain, thirsty, and soon to be DEAD. As the masses attend their church services and perform their traditions may each of us see the thieves in our lives.

Abba Father, Glorious Lord, Praise and Glory and Honor and Power to thy Name. I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this day and this Easter that their eyes would be opened to see Your Glorious Resurrection. And WORSHIP the King. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Until Next Week,



Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home