Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Making a List

Dear friends and sisters-in-Christ,


I married a man who likes to keep lists - which was so strange for me because I am the opposite. I just kind of do everything that I set my mind to doing. All three children have inherited this from their father, which is a wonderful trait to have. So through the years I tried making a list and then tried keeping a list and have finally (the kids are grown and have left home) I am tired of looking for the lists that I loose and settled for just doing it. Still doesn't keep me from procrastinating though. I do make a list for groceries, but 1 out of 2 times I forget the list and the coupons on the kitchen counter and even though I am only 5 minutes away from home I will not go back and get it. And I do make a list of what I hope to accomplish on my Wednesday afternoon and my Saturday running around, they are somewhere under my pile of projects. So as a little project for today I have decided to make a list. Since it is on the computer I should be able to keep this one and refer back to it.
And one more thought - God is a Great List Maker.

My To Do List:

1. To Seek first the Kingdom of God

2. To Set my Mind on thing above and not on earthly things.

3. To clothe myself with kindness and put on love.

4. To Lean not on my own understanding.

5. To take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

6. To not be afraid, to speak out, to not quit.

7. To keep asking, seeking and knocking.

So for all you list makers and list keepers I applaud you for you have the wonderful ability to put down on paper what your goals and accomplishments are but most of all you know right where they are and you know right where you are in accomplishing them. Me, I sometimes have to "rack my brain" while slowly going down each isle of the grocery store trying to remember if I need that jar of mayonnaise or was it the catsup that I needed.

One last thought - A prayer to the family of Steve Irwin - your father was a peacemaker.

Heavenly Father, our Sovereign Lord, our Creator,
Praise You oh Lord, thank You Lord for Your tender mercies, for your faithfulness, for your goodness and kindness which you bless each one of us each day. Lord I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this day and in the days ahead You will, as it is written in Psalm 91:4, "He will cover you with His Pinions, and under His Wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark". Great are You our Lord. In Jesus Name, Amen

I leave you with this promise, as it is written, "Now may the Lord of peace himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. II Thessalonian 3:16

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home