Wednesday, November 03, 2021

The Month of Thanksgiving - Jars of Clay

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, Welcome to the fully and abundantly month of November where Fall is celebrated and traditions are steeped in "being thankful" for... . Yes thankful that my life is not my own but it is the Lord's, who sacrificed His life so that I would be given a new life. Some days are harder than others to try and comprehend what my eternal life is in Him while living in the jar of clay. Yes, I am a lump of clay and He is the Potter who has shaped this clay into a jar. I am reminded of my aunt's basement where each year around November she would go down into the basement and pick out a jar of pickled beets or for a dessert, the jar of peaches that she had canned. For my first posting this third day of the 11th month the following verses seemed relevant to why I am thankful - Psalm 11:3, "If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?" and Psalm 3:11 "But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head." Proverbs 11:3, "The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the crookedness of the treacherous will destroy them." and Proverbs 3:11, "My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD or loathe His reproof." In trying to comprehend what my eternal life in Him is like I must cling to the foundation - I am thankful for my life which is in Christ Jesus and also I must accept His discipline for He has taken this jar of clay and is fashioning and molding and purifying it in the most amazing of ways. Abba Father, thanking You that my life is Yours, that You give me a purpose to be thankful and have filled this jar of clay with Your Holy Spirit. Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she will be thankful for her eternal life, which is in You and for this day celebrate and boldly proclaim that she is Yours. In Jesus Name, Amen. This Jar of Clay is Thankful,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home