Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, My daughter gave me a little sign made out of scrabble pieces for Christmas last year and it says, "write on". Beginning the first of November I will be attempting to write 50,000 words. I can hear you right now, that is a lot of words and yes it is but if you consider how many words you read or hear each day I'm sure that it is more than that. In fact if you watch television, or live streaming, or checking any social media sites words are being spoken or written or sung or recited. Yes, words, whether spoken out loud or silenced is the only way we stay connected or learn or decide or contemplate about life itself. The beginning of words - Genesis 1:3, "And God said..." Sayings like, "A picture is worth a thousand words" and ``action speaks louder than words" are kind of redundant, don't you think? Yes, words are our life and as long as words are needed to communicate, may we use words to encourage and bring a smile to someone's face or even tell a truth to lift someone up. What is truly amazing to me is this verse found in Psalm 139, verse 4, For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether." The LORD knows every word so my prayer - Abba Father, Great and Glorious and Holy and Sovereign, Praise and Glory and Honor to Thee, Lord thank You for giving us words to speak, to think, to sign, to sing, and to worship. Oh Lord may Your Spirit quicken us to use our words wisely and softly when needed and also to bring encouragement and comfort to those who are hurting and struggling. In Jesus Name, Amen. Lord give me Your words to speak,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home