Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Picnicking with the LORD

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, Picnic time - yes, time to grab your blanket and makeshift picnic basket or maybe the old fashioned kind that has a serving set inside and then off to the local park or maybe a beachside or mountain or lakeside area and settle in for an afternoon of relaxation. Sometimes that is all that is needed to quiet our minds. When I was growing up we had a couple of meadows in the two of our mountain ranges that surround our city. It was an hour's drive to get there, which seemed like forever, but well worth the time taken. Of course I was a child then so it didn't matter what needed to be packed into the vehicles in order for us to have family time together. I just remember I had my bike and there were horseshoes and large washers too. Running around or finding that special trail that you had taken the year before was all that was needed to satisfy a child. The adults, just being able to sit around and talk knowing that all the children of different ages would be free to play. Yes, a time to be free to play - I guess that is what a picnic is about - maybe that is why adults and children like picnics. So I hope that in the month of July you will have the opportunity to play - whatever form that is for you - whether a blanket and a good book or a beach towel listening to the waves or a chair nestled in between trees sitting by a stream or brook. And hopefully Psalm 23 will come to your mind - "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your road and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Abba Father, Glorious Lord, Magnificent LORD, thank You that You are our Shepherd and we shall not want. Thank You that you make me lie down in green pastures; and lead me beside quiet waters. Praise Thee that you restore my soul. Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ today that you would make her to lie down in green pastures and lead her beside quiet waters and restore her soul. Give her Peace and Love and Joy and Hope in every situation and tender blessing. In Jesus Name, Amen. Picnicking with the Lord,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home