Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The Word of Silence

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

"Let us pause for a moment of silence".

Definition of silence: a)complete absence of sound, b) the fact or state of abstaining from speech, c) the avoidance of mentioning or discussing something, and d) the state of standing still and not speaking as a sign of respect of someone's deceased or in an opportunity for prayer.

I wanted to include all four because after reading I found that all are applicable to today. Let us take a look at them -
a) is not possible unless you are deaf. There is sound all around and as soon as someone says, "let us pause for a moment of silence", the coughing and signing and shuffling of feet noises seem to blast through the room. b) yes, that is possible for the person who has requested is doing so. c) also, very possible and it is used all the time. Lastly, d) and that is the one I would like to use today. Not necessarily the standing still but the not speaking as a sign of respect of ... or in an opportunity for prayer.

Abba Father,

Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Harken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. (Psalm 5:1,2) Praise to thee oh Lord God that as I come before Your throne of Grace this moment may You "give ear to my words and consider my meditation." I pray that You "harken unto the voice of my cry." Lord in this moment of silence before You in prayer, may each dear and precious sister-in-Christ, Trust and Know that in these turbelunt and uncertain times that You are a Faithful, Omnipotent, and Loving God. In their moment, may they be reminded of these very words of truth, "as it is written, Eyes hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." In the midst of grieving what was and anxious about what is to come, may they Focus upon Jesus the author and perfecter of their Faith. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Blessings of Silence,



LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home