Wednesday, November 20, 2019

I Need Thee Every Hour - Thankfulness

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Now that we are into the month of November with a couple of weeks until Thanksgiving I thought that an hymn would be an appropriate way of expressing praises of thankfulness to the Lord.

November being the month of thanksgiving and thankfulness and giving thanks and being thankful I found an hymn which I think is just perfect for this time of the year.

I Need Thee Every Hour by Annie S. Hawks, 1835-1918 and Chorus by Robert Lowry, 1826-1899.

I need Thee ev'ry hour, Most gracious Lord; No tender voice like Thine Can peace afford
I need thee ev'ry hour, Stay Thou near by; Temptations lose their pow'r When Thou art nigh.
I need Thee ev'ry hour, In joy or pain; Come quickly and abide, Or life is vain.
I need Thee ev'ry hour, Most Holy One; O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son!

CHORUS
I need Thee, O I need Thee, Ev'ry hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, my Savior - I come to Thee!

Yes, that is our prayer, O Lord, only by needing Thee every hour are we able to be, give, or sing, praises to Thee of thanksgiving. How precious O Lord art thou. Lord I thank You for each and dear sister-in-Christ and for Your tender voice that whispers into their hearts bringing peace which passes all understanding. Lord thank You for staying near them and that ALL temptations lose their power. Lord, yes whether in joy or in pain that You do come quickly and abide in ALL circumstances. And most of all Most Holy One, may they Be Still and Know that they are Thine, Thou blessed Son. I pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Blessings,



LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home