Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Psalm 51:1-4

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Already this is the end of July where has all the days gone?

I normally do not walk on Wednesday mornings but today I did. At the end of my street a Plumeria tree grows and day before yesterday I saw that a limb (huge) had broken off and today it was completely detached from the tree. I looked at the flowers and some, which had started to bloom, I plucked from the tree. I wanted to give them a chance to bloom. Continuing on I walked into another cup-de-sac and noticed a small cardboard box upside down and a rock had been placed on top of it. There were words written on the box, so me thinking that it was a directional sign for a garage sale, well as I got closer the words written were, "pick up your dog's poop"

What is seemingly two unrelated events seem to come together with these four verses, "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love, according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge."

Yes, He is the vine and when I have detached myself from the Vine, my life becomes unfruitful.

The signage on the cardboard box, if I do not take the responsibility of picking up my dog's poop then it becomes someone's else concern causing them to grumble and be unhappy at the dog and the owner of the dog.

Oh sin, how insidious a thing that it is. I am so thankful for God's unfailing love and for His great compassion which blots out my transgressions.

Abba Father, I pray today for Your unfailing love and Your great compassion to flow through the lives of these dear and precious sisters-in-Christ. Lord may their hearts cry unto You be to - "wash away my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Lord God how glorious and magnificent art thou. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Property of the Eternal,



LyndiaSue




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home