Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Micah 6:8

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

I read a word this morning which got me to thinking - this word was poise - do not know the last time that I heard that word, probably when I was in my teens. I was eavesdropping on a conversation that my mother and aunt were having about me. We had moved from Montana to California do to my father's health. It was a conversation about dating - so naturally I had to listen. My aunt told my mom that I should take ballet lessons so I would be graceful and have poise. Needless to say I stayed mad at my aunt for quite some time and I didn't have to take ballet lessons. But something happened over the next couple of years and looking back I realized that what my aunt did in her subtle way was to introduce me to the world of being poised.

The definition of poise 1) graceful and elegant bearing in a person, 2)composure and dignity of manner.

This verse was brought to my mind: Micah 6:8 "He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

As I walk through this life of mine which has been planned and purposed by the Creator, the Sovereign Lord how wonderful to know that He Loves me.

Oh Lord I do desire to be a woman who does and loves and walks as you require.

Abba Father, Praise and Glory and Honor to You. How great and merciful You are. Thank you oh Lord that You have given each of us a day, oh how marvelous that Your tender mercies are new every morning and that all we need do is rejoice and be glad for it is the day that you have made. Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she be richly blessed by Your Presence today that as she walks through her day she will be considered by all to have poise. Oh Lord, how you mold and shape each vessel. May we cling to the Heavenly Father today. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Property of the Eternal




LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home