Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The First Wednesday

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Since the beginning of the year, God has been pressing upon me that something was going to be happening in the month of February. So in trying to remain in His Presence I have titled this post "the first Wednesday". To go one step further He also let me know that this year was going to be a year of "walking by Faith alone". I was reminded of one of the Indiana Jones movies where the character has finally gone as far as he could and was out on a ledge with a bottomless chasm in front of him. He was to take a leap of faith, so with his right foot he stepped off into nothing. He landed on something firm, he could not believe what his senses were telling him. He backed up and bent down to toss some dirt across. It was then that he saw and with confidence walked across. Mine is just a tad bit different, I do not get to bend down and find something that reveals. I must take that step and walk forward not visibly seeing what lies ahead. Jesus is directing me and leading me. The reason this is my first Wednesday is God has been leading me up to the edge and now I must take that step into "living each day by Faith." Am I afraid? His response is, "Do not be afraid, I AM with you until the end of the age."

Abba Father, Praise thee, I worship thee. Thank you for this new beginning. Oh, most Sovereign Lord, Creator of all things, I come before Your throne of Grace and seek thy Face. I pray for each precious sister-in-Christ that today would be filled with the most tender of Mercies, and that the Holy Spirit would come and fill them with Your Power that transcends the visible and reveals the invisible. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Walking by Faith alone,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home