Wednesday, January 05, 2011

I Desire "God's Better"


Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

The first Wednesday of 2011 and I have the privilege of spending it with you - my dear friends. I was chatting online with a dear friend on New Year's Day telling her that I was excited about 2011 because I was expecting "God's Better" in 2011. I think that what I was really desiring is "God's Good". Here on the islands the word for good is ono, and I guess it is the way they express something that is ono that captures my senses. Whether it is food or an event or something special they are telling you about - it is in the telling, "that it was so ono", - their whole body speaks it out and you know that it was something so rich and wonderful and glorious and highly desired. That's what I am expecting "God's Good". In the beginning, God pronounced over his creation that it was "Good" and that is what I desire. For me I desire to live each day of 2011 expecting "God's Good" and the only way that I know to express it is "God's Better".

Abba Father how glorious, how marvelous, how wonderful thou art. Praise thee oh most Sovereign Lord for You are most Worthy of all Honor and Glory and Praise. Abba, as we enter into a new year I pray for each precious sister-in-Christ that when she awakes each morning she desires Your "Good" and as she closes her eyes each night that she hears Your Sweet Whispers of Love. May she live her day knowing that her Abba, her Heavenly Father, her God who is the creator of Everything pronounced that "it is Good" and that is all she needs is "God's Good".

Desiring "God's Better",

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home