Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My New Hero - Joshua


Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Our pastor has asked us to once again go on a 90 day journey and this time the journey involves being silent before the Lord (Listening to Him and Let Him Do the Talking) Simultaneously I started reading the book of Joshua - the guy that got to go on a scouting trip along with 9 others and only him and Caleb said to take the land - the guy that God said, "Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you" (Josh.1:5). God is really, really talking to Joshua and Joshua is learning to listen for God to speak before doing anything. And yesterday Chapter 10 verses 12 and 13 leapt off of the page for me. So Joshua is my new hero. He listened to God, acted upon His words and then had the faith to ask of God.

Abba Father, I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she would come and sit at Your feet and listen - for You have much to say. May she choose to do those things that You know she is able to do because You have equipped her for such a time as this and may she have the faith to testify of Your Goodness and Faithfulness and Mercy. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until Next Week,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home