Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the Garden Moments


Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Today as I settled into hearing what God had to say I was that much more aware of the sounds around me and how distracting they were. The myna birds on the roof having their little pecking order and the cars driving on the highway. Thinking to myself - why must they be so loud! Then I was reminded that I will recognize His Voice for He is my Shepherd and I am His. It was then that I envisioned being in a quiet place and having all the time I wanted to be with Jesus and this song I began to sing.

In the Garden -

I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses; And the voice I hear, falling on my ear, The Son of God discloses.
He Speaks, and the sound of His voice Is so sweet the birds hush their singing; And the melody that He gave to me Within my heart is ringing.
I'd stay in the garden with Him Tho the night around me be falling; But He bids me go - thru the voice of woe, His voice to me is calling.

And the chorus is my very favorite: And He walks with me, and He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own, And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other has ever known. (C. Austin Mies, 1868-1946)

Abba Father, Praise and Glory and Honor to thee alone, may each dear sister-in-Christ have her "In the Garden" moments with You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sue,
I am blessed by all you Wednesday greetings. This one is especially moving.
Being alone with Jesus, listening to His precious voice. Is there anything better than that?
Love, Jane C.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home