Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Wednesday Privileges

Greetings to my dear sisters-in-Christ,

Until very recently I had been dreading and enjoying Wednesdays. Since it is my half day at work and half day to play I started finding ways to fill up my Wednesday afternoons. My one big duty (OBLIGATION) was to visit my grandmother, who is 101 years old and lives in a life care center. I start off my Wednesday morning with prayer for you all, this indeed continues to be a privilege that has become so wonderful for me and my time with the LORD. But I still had that big duty of visiting my grandmother - I don't know if I can pinpoint the exact date when the Lord changed my heart and mind about it being a duty to it being a privilege. But HE did!! My Wednesday is filled with wonder and awe as I arise to pray for all of you and then to sit and feed the birds and talk about the past, present, and future with a lady who has lived for 101 years and with each visit amazes me with her insights. God is so wonderful and gracious and Good.

Heavenly Father, our Creator and most Sovereign LORD, thank You for Your Tender Mercies which You are bestowing upon each and every one of us this day. May we be reminded that they are for this day and to live it out in expectancy as to how You will bring about all that You have planned and purposed for each and every dearly loved sister-in-Christ. Lord I pray today for each dear sister-in-Christ who has been and who is asking for the impossible, who has been and who is seeking more intimacy with You, who has been and who is knocking at the doors of their lives which have been closed that they would BE STILL and know that the battle is Yours and remember these precious Words, "Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 15:57. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,


Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home