Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Out with the Old and In with the New

Greetings,

I received a new bible about a month ago. It is the NASB - my husband wanted a different version than the NIV so he and I felt that God was wanting us to get the NASB. I'm having a hard time with it, even though I placed the bible tabs in each chapter, even though it is giant print, even though it has a concordance. I couldn't understand why I wasn't able to locate any verses that I knew where they were located in the bible but did not have them memorized for that very reason. I finally figured it out why I was having problems with it. Last week, I did not have the NASB close to my chair, and I needed to look up some verses referenced in my devotional. I picked up the bible I have been using for the last 8 or 9 years, the one that has been with me through the move and through the changes in my life and in the lives of my children. The one that is tattered, scribbled in, highlighted, and underlined. Oh, it was so very comfortable in my hands, in my lap, and I could go right to the place I wanted to go. Oh I wanted to hold onto it - I began reading and remembered and thanked and praised God for His Glorious Word and Amazing Ways.

Which got me to thinking - The LORD has been with me thus far and now HE is wanting me to seek HIM. With this new bible, that is what I have to do each time I want to find something - So this is my prayer --

LORD, Sovereign and Gracious Father in Heaven, Abba. My desire is to know you more and more. LORD I pray for each dear sister-in-Christ this day and in the days ahead, may their walk with You be joyous and hopeful. May Your Words of Life flood over them, come up from the depths to cover them, reach their hearts and their minds and permeate their being. May Your Beauty shine forth in their lives. May Your Love Abide. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until next week,

Your dear friend and sister-in-Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home