Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Welcome to the Month of October

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, Yes, the month of October is upon us and the decorations are on the front porch. Three pumpkins grown in our garden and also 3 acorn squash sitting next to my large giraffe planter. The giraffe planter greets all who come to our front door and during the seasons she is wearing different colored scarves. I have yet to get the October/November themed box down yet so for now she is hopefully keeping the pumpkins and squash safe from our local deer that try to eat them. Yesterday morning was a nice morning to take a walk. It had been rainy and cold for the last few days and I had caught a cold but yesterday it was gone so a walk was in order. I started my walk hoping that I could connect with a friend and talk on the phone but instead there were other things the Lord wanted me to observe. Walking along the path I was looking at a flower which had gone to seed and the sun rays hit the flower and diamonds appeared on the petals. I tried to capture the scene on my camera. Further down the path pine cones started to come crashing down and nearly hit my head. I looked up and a squirrel was busily dropping as many as it could. I told the squirrel that he was making a big mess as I walked to the other side of the road to avoid being hit. I heard music coming from my neighbors house. The sweet piano music at first reminded me of my daughter who always was practicing and as I got closer to hear the tune it was the hymnal, "Oh how I love Jesus." I stopped to listen briefly and then walked home. What a beautiful morning to take a walk and all the surprises that the Lord had in store for me along the path. Let us pray - Abba Father our Gracious and Gentle and Good God, who lavishes us with beautiful and wonderful blessings each and every day. Lord, thank You that You have a way of turning a withering flower into an array of diamonds just by covering it with the morning dew and shining sunlight on it. Thank You that You supply the squirrel with pine cones to collect for their winter feeding. Thank You that you give us music and lyrics and tunes and instruments to play and worship you. Yes, Lord there are so many blessings and this month of October, the harvesting month O Lord may You give each dear and precious sister-in-Christ Your light which shines in their hearts creating Joy, may you give an abundance so they can have plenty, may you give them music to worship and to dance and to sing and to shout Praises unto thee. In Jesus Name, Amen. Open my ears and eyes to see and hear,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home