Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Attitudes and Actions

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, This being the last day of September, wow, how times flies by and as it flies by there are so many moments where our attitudes and/or our actions get in the way of ourselves. By that I mean - definition of attitude: A settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something, typically one that is reflected in a person's behavior. The meaning of action: The fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim. Which leads me to today's passages; Phil. 3:14-15, "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect have this attitude, and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you." These are deep and rich words of truth that seem to resonate into my very being. For how many times have I had an attitude about something or someone but when it comes time to take action on that attitude sometimes I have a catch in my spirit or a feeling that if I act on that attitude it will not be wise to do so. If and when I think about it, it is God revealing that it was not the attitude that I needed to be pursuing. How merciful is our Lord that His Spirit in us is constantly and above all else guiding and counseling us through our imperfect every day lives and may our pursuit be this - found in Phil. 4:4-9. Our attitudes matter just as much as our actions in our thinking and in our doing. Let us pray - Abba Father, Praise to Thee and with a thankful heart may we always "be mindful" of our attitudes and may we before taking action remember we are the clay and You are the Potter; may we Rest, Trust and Listen to Your Spirit and as we take action that "I can do ALL things through Him who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13). Lord may each dear and precious sister-in-Christ rejoice in the Lord always. In Jesus Name, Amen. Being Mindful,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home