Wednesday, February 03, 2021

The Welcoming of Silence

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, Silence can be a welcoming time or a troubling time. I have experienced both of them and in two instances the combination of welcoming and troubling were mixed together. My choice is to be in a place where the silence is very welcoming. By that I mean, there is a warmth that flows through the mind which settles the heart and a feeling of Joy flows through the whole body. These days it seems to take a great effort on my part to try and find the time and/or the place to settle my mind. I had thought when I was younger and raising a family that when I got older and had less responsibilities that my time would be more at rest. Well all of you can probably relate to just how that worked out. Every season has its own troubles so now I am in a place where I purposely choose to welcome silence. In Romans 8:26-27, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Yes, there is a silence in prayer - when you have succumbed to the pressures of everyday life or when unexpected interruptions have caused chaos and you cry out to the Lord. In that moment, wait for the silence to come! It is in that silence that the "Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Abba Father, Praise to Thee, we come before You this day and worship You. O Lord, I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she would come before the Throne of Grace and in her asking and seeking and knocking that she would welcome the Silence of Your Spirit and allow the Spirit to intercede for her. May the welcoming of Your Silence fill her up with the Joy of the Lord enabling her to be renewed and refreshed. In Jesus Name, Amen. Blessings my dear and precious sister-in-Christ,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home