Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Ice Skating - Total Dependence on the Lord

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, Getting out of the house and taking a little walk down to the local park where the ice skating rink is located, to my surprise there were people ice skating. How had this happened and when? Just a few days before I had checked it out and still no ice. Of course I hurriedly (I could only go so fast because of the icy streets) walked back home, picked up my skates and out the door I went. Testing the ice for the first time this season I took each glide very slowly. After 35 minutes on the ice I felt as if I could take charge of whatever comes next. I know that sounds weird but there is something about being on the ice and skating where each step could be a slip or a fall. I am totally and utterly dependent upon God to keep me from slipping or falling. And at my age anything could happen. I later found out that starting on Friday afternoon and tirelessly working Saturday and Sunday, the volunteers had applied enough water and the weather had cooperated so that the rink was ready. I am very thankful for those who tirelessly worked to get it ready. If these volunteers had not taken the time to work tirelessly how could it come about. The song, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go," popped into my head and for some reason these two things are related. Ice skating and Christmas. The total dependence on the Lord! How else would we ever be able to take a risk of falling or slipping if it wasn't for our stepping out in total dependence upon Him. As we get closer and closer to Christmas what would be your response if someone asked you why do you think, "it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas?" I would like to reference Luke 1:1-4, "In as much as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us.Just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught." Abba Father, ALL praise and honor and glory to Thee, being thankful for ALL that You give and keep giving to us Your Children. Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that in her life she is totally and utterly dependent upon Thee. And that she could give a response that would be the truth because she has been in Your Presence and received Your Grace and lives in Your Joy and Peace and Hope. In Jesus Name, I pray, Amen. Blessings,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home