Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Genesis 3:8

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, I was talking to a dear and precious sister-in-Christ on the phone yesterday and she was asking if I needed to have a personal protection device for when I go out walking in the morning. I told her that I had a whistle to scare away the bears and/or mountain lions that frequent my walking paths. I also told her that occassionally (weather permitting, of course) sit on my bench by the stream that runs along the side of our property in the morning further explaining that I heard the sound of footsteps unfamiliar to me and looked up to see who it might be and the gentelman walking down the alley lane was someone that I had never seen before. Her and I laughed at that - me because at that moment I realized that it is quiet enough to recognize the sounds of the neighbor walking her dog, the children walking to school, and the neighbor who walks early in the morning. Yes, not even realizing that I knew those sounds and felt at ease but with the sound of the footsteps of the man I did not recognize where I was uncomfortable. This morning, this verse came to my mind: Genesis 3:8, "They (Adam and Eve) heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden." They heard, they were familiar with the sound of His footsteps. It must have been an everyday occurance, something that was welcomed. How about you, do you recognize the sound of... and does the sound cause you to hide or maybe look up to see who it is? Abba Father, Praise and Glory and Honor to your name. O, LORD how Gracious and Kind and Faithful, how can we even fathom the length and breadth and depth and height of Your Love for us. LORD I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that her days be filled with the welcoming sounds of Your Whispers speaking Truth and kindness into her heart, may she bind them around her neck, and write them on the tablet of her heart. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen. Blessings of Joy,
LyndiaSue P.S. I also wanted to ask for prayer today for my son and for my aunt. Last Wednesday my son called to tell us that he had tested positive for COVID, the same day that I was going in to be tested. Yesterday my aunt was tested positive with COVID and I heard back from the doctor's office that I was negative. My prayer request is that they would recover quickly with no side effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home