Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Being Cultivated by the LORD

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Before I started this post this morning I decided to do some much needed weeding in two spots. Tackling the first spot was not a problem - there were very few weeds and mostly on the surface, which could be brushed off with a light touch. The way I like weeding to go - the process being fairly fast. Onto the other side I started to remove some grass cuttings that were from a couple of weeks prior. My husband had chosen not to use the bagger on the mower so the clippings ended up in odd places. I had meant to do it earlier. My thinking that there should be few weeds under the grass cuttings, and in two places such was the case. I reached an area that seemed to have accumulated a larger amount so grabbing the pile I discovered that it was not grass cuttings nor weeds but actually a flower. I stopped and saw the flower, a daisy that I had transplanted several months prior. How was it able to keep growing under all that debris?

I selected a book for today - Reflections of God's Glory by Corrie ten Boom - Chapter Two, "The Lord's Garden" she quotes Charles Spurgeon, "What a privilege it is to know that I am a field under heavenly cultivation - not a wilderness but a garden of the Lord, walled by grace, planted according to a divine plan, worked by love, weeded by heavenly discipline, and constantly protected by divine power. A soul, so privileged, is prepared to bring forth fruit to the glory of God."

I know that it is fall and gardens are for springtime, however just like today when I was weeding and discovered the budding flower among the debris I rejoice in knowing that I am indeed a field under heavenly cultivation.

Abba Father, Praise and Glory and Honor to thee, thank You Heavenly Father that we are not a wilderness but a garden of the Lord, that You wall us up by Your Grace, and we have been planted according to a divine plan, that we are worked by Your Love, and heavenly discipline is how the weeds are removed and that we are constantely protected by Your Divine Power. Oh dear and precious sisters-in-Christ I pray that you would allow Him to cultivate you for His Glory. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Property of the Eternal,



LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home