Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Two Favorite Bibles

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

On my bookshelf close to my computer I have two bibles and they are the ones I go to - my fingers and eyes seem to know right where to go when a question is asked, "Where is that in the Bible" (from a dear friend who taught me well). Both of these have covers on them. I pulled one of them out today - One is dated July 7, 1995 when I purchased, it is the King James Version and it has all the recorded births and deaths and marriages and baptisms. It has sticky notes and verses which are underlined and some I have highlighted and mini sermons and some bookmarks. I even have some pressed flowers. The cover is a Vera Bradley. The other is a Women's Devotional Bible (NIV), not dated but from the different references and contents it was probably in the late nineties as well. I remember the reason why I purchased this was because I wanted a devotional bible and this contained mini little devotionals authored by various Christian women that I could read and "think about it". These devotionals placed in differnt parts of the books are framed in flower borders. They were not colored but I purchased a set of coloring pencils (I still use them) to color in the flowers. The cover is a tea cup hanging from a picture box which is hung on the wall with pink roses arranged at the top. The scripture verse written within the box and centered under the teacup is: Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is there will your heart be also."

Abba Father, Praise thee oh most Sovereign Lord, the Creator of all things, how marvelous is Your Grace. I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ today that she would continue or begin to comprehend what You have already given to her - such rich treasures that only You can give with such abundant beauty and bounty. Lord may Your treasures of Goodness and Kindness and Faithfulness and Hope and Joy and Love and Patience and Gentleness and Peace and Power and Provision be poured into her heart that the overflow would be evident in her life and in the lives whom she encounters. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Property of the Eternal,



LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home