Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blessed Thanksgiving

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving - a day set aside for celebration and thankfulness for all those things were deem precious and dear. And yes, I do have a list:

1) My husband - who sometimes makes me laugh and sometimes makes me cry and sometimes makes me what to throw my hands up in defeat and sometimes makes me throw my arms around him in love. (There are times when I think that God must have gotten it wrong, but more importantly I'm thankful that He got it right!)

2) My Three Children - who since their first breathes have never ceased to utterly amaze me at how wonderful and exciting life can be. (Thank you Lord for these precious ones)

3) My Five Grandchildren - who have brought to me little reminders of just how much I dearly love parenthood but they take it to the next level and I realize that they bring a greater joy just because they seem to understand me just the way I am. (Thank you Lord for giving me even more precious ones)

4) Friends, those who have been in the midst of the pain and who have lifted up and at times carried me through. (Thank you Lord for friendships)

5) Work, those who I answer to and those who I work beside (Thank you Lord for placing me in a job where we are appreciated and rewarded for what we do)

These are the visible things, the tangible things of life.

For those invisible things I am just as thankful and I would like to give you a reason, it is in a Hymn: Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior.
And life more abundant and free!

Thru death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there
Over us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conq'rors we are!
His word shall not fail you- He promised,
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

CHORUS
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Abba Father, I ask that above all things You would bless each precious and dear sister-in-Christ even more abundantly in the days ahead. In Jesus Name, Amen

Blessed Thanksgiving,

LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home