Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Psalm 51 - Wash Me

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, We (husband, son and me) are remodeling of our small bathroom and I'm the clean-up crew. My job is to keep the dust and debris to a minimum! I take this job very seriously because I can see the miniscule layers of dust, especially the kind that comes with working with drywall. The chalk-like substance clings to everything. My first try was using my vacuum cleaner until it clogged up on me and much needed cleaning to unclog was very tedious so I decided that the best was water. Side note: Those of you who do all kinds of remodeling are probably having a good laugh now and that is okay. My job starts after the hole for the medicine cabinet is sealed with mud, after the ceiling fan hole has been made, and after the outlets have been securely sealed and operational. This has been going on for a few days because our son who helps with this only has so much time to help us. And that is wonderful to have him working alongside his dad and getting it all done. As I was thinking about my job of using water and paper towels to remove all the dust and debris from the ceiling, doors, walls and floors after each day, what came to my mind this morning was Jesus, the Living Water, and how He washes us clean from the dust and debris of our lives. Psalm 51:2, "Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." and Psalm 51:7, "Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." These two verses are only the tip of the iceberg of just how Jesus, the Living Water, for not only does He wash and cleanse but He purifies us. Let us pray - Father, Abba Father, Praise to thee, and we worship Thee this morning for You are our creator and we are dust and yet You took that dust and it became clay and now we have been formed and shaped into Your image and in the image of Christ Jesus our Saviour and Lord and sustainer and purifier. Lord, I ask that today each dear and precious sister-in-Christ meditate on these words and be washed and cleansed and purified by the blood of Jesus and walk joyfully through her day. In Jesus Name, Amen. Being washed and cleansed,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home