Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Old Testament and New Testament

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ, The last day of November and I pray that each day there was something in your life to be thankful for and also grateful for. And also I hope that there have been days that you have been able to exercise the "learning to lean in to...". I also hope that your Thanksgiving day was very blessed and now that we are soon approaching the season of anticipation of the birth of Jesus I wanted to highlight two verses today. Each verse is the beginning found in the Old Testament, Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." and in the New Testament, Matthew 1:1, "The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham." All the stories and all of the books and all of the rumors and all of the myths and all of the assorted rhetoric about the beginnings of the earth and the birth of Jesus Christ have to be aligned with these two scriptures because when Truth enters in all else pales in comparison. I had a situation this past week that brought to light the real story behind my parents coming to live in the state of Montana. Yes, over the years stories were told about this and that and people would add to it but I was able to find among my mother's papers a story she had written about her and dad coming to live here. And it was such a delight to read her account of the actual event. It was exciting and at the same time eye-opening that this is the real story and now I know and there is no need to listen to others because this came from my mom who lived it! Let us pray - Abba Father, thank You for Your written word, thank You for the Holy Spirit. Lord Your written word speaks to our hearts! Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that as she walks through this day that a stirring in her heart would be Your whispers telling her that she is deeply loved and intimately known by You and that she is richly blessed with so many promises and until her final breath You are with her. In Jesus Name, Amen. Still learning to lean in,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home