Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Book of Joshua and Other Tidbits

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

I know it is not the morning but it is still Wednesday for most of you. For some it is Thursday morning. The last few mornings my bible reading has been the Book of Joshua and each chapter is so GREAT!! This morning was Chapter 9. In verse 14, "And the men took of their victuals (provisions), and asked NOT counsel at the mouth of the Lord." A big OOPS, however in verse 15, And Joshua made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation sware unto them." Now was this another big OOPS? Just thinking out loud and wanted to include you in my thinking.

I am also getting excited about the solar eclipse that is happening - here in my small town we will have 90% viewing. I have already witnessed one solar eclipse and now getting to enjoy another is marvelous.

I visited my local Library day before yesterday and am going to really like visiting on a regular basis. They have a writing club that meets every Monday at 1:30 pm.

One last note: I have decided to be brave - how? The local swimming team (Sea Lions) and the aquatic center are having a fundraiser - a swimming marathon. It starts on Friday at 1:00 pm and ends Saturday at 1:00 pm. I raised my pledge money and have signed up for Friday afternoon at 1:30 pm and early Saturday morning at 1:30 am. I debated with myself about the 1:30 am time but after talking to the life guard who has done it before and encouraged me to do it, I committed to doing it. So many happenings and experiences.

Blessings to all of you. I delight in hearing from you and also am always encouraged and humbled by your thoughts, comments, scriptures and prayers.

Abba Father, thank You for Your Tender Mercies poured out each day and night into our lives. Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that as she is awakened by You each morning that it is filled with Your overwhelming LOVE. Lord I pray verse 19 of Philippians 4, "But my God shall supply ALL your need according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus" and end with verse 20, "Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever Amen."

Embracing That Which Has Already Been Given,




LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home