Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Making an Executive Decision - Joshua 9:14

Greetings dear and precious sisters-in-Christ,

Chapter 9 verse 14 of Joshua, "And the men took of their victuals (provisions), and asked not COUNSEL at the mouth of the LORD."

At my work I sometimes have to make decisions when the boss is gone from the office - this is very hard for me for I have to take into consideration not only my own thoughts on the matter but more importantly just how my boss would have me tell them if he was consulted. After I have made the decision I always tell the person that I will confirm for sure after I have spoken to my boss. When my boss returns I tell him that I had to make an "executive decision", and ask if I did indeed make the right choice.

I know that this example pales in comparison to the verse quoted because we are told to seek the Lord. Balancing the seeking of the Lord and walking by Faith and waiting upon Him are three areas of my spiritual walk that I must constantly call upon Him for He is the Potter and I am the clay.

I dare not make an "executive decision" in my spiritual walk for I desire the BETTER that God has planned and purposed for my life. Keeping my eyes upon Jesus, leaning not on my own understanding, and surrendering each day my will is how I wish to live out my life today.

Abba Father, Glorious and Sovereign LORD, thank You for Your Spirit, thank You for Your faithfulness. LORD, I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ today that she would seek thee with all of her heart and her soul and her mind, oh Lord, may in the seeking of You, she hear Your Voice instructing her in the way that she should go. Lord may you richly bless each dear and precious sister-in-Christ today and the days ahead. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Property of the Eternal,



LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home