Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Thus Says the LORD

Greetings dear and precious Sisters-in-Christ, Yesterday was a big day for me for I needed to have my wellness check-up plus driving into the big city with lots of traffic and road construction to keeps my eyes distracted at any given time. I was talking to a friend about how God answered my prayers by clearing the on and off ramps when I needed to get on and off and even changing the lanes when needed. I usually try to drive behind a semi truck because they have a clearer picture of what is ahead and when they put on their brakes I pay attention to their leading. I told my friend about one intersection where a car was so insistent in not letting me so I yielded to her and the car behind her backed off and allowed me to make the off ramp. It was then that I told her that it was probably the sign on the back of my car, "keep Christ in Christmas", or maybe my silver hair or maybe the Lord had surrounded my car with His angels. We had a wonderful belly laugh!! But, seriously I do pray before I leave on my journey for only the Lord knows what is ahead on all my days. The title of this post is from the book of Amos, chapter one, and the first stanza of each verse starts out, "Thus says the LORD". It was Amos prophesying - and with each word that he spoke it was on the LORD's authority that he spoke those words and they were directly from the LORD. The significance of so overwhelming for me this morning. For a couple days before I had heard some news and I didn't really pray about it at the time BUT then the Lord kept pursuing me to bring it before Him and the outcome of the situation was so good and even miraculous. The LORD is so good and great and faithful and His lovingkindness is inomprehensable at times. Today I would like Isaiah 46:4, be my prayer - Abba Father, Praise to thee and "even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! Lord I thank you that You will never leave nor forsake and that when I am hesitant for any reason You say "I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you." Lord may it be so for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ each day of her life. In Jesus Name, Amen. Thus says the LORD,
LyndiaSue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home