Welcome to the Month of September
Greetings dear and precious Sisters-in-Christ,
A tradition was established several years back that a fast of twenty-one days in the month of September would be honored. It was started at the Living Stones Church in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Even though it has been many years since I have attended the church or even lived in Kailua-Kona it has become one of my tradition. As to the fasting part I usually do not fast from foods like it was done there. What I usually do is go deeper in the word or become very sensitive to the leading of the Spirit. This day last year I was with my husband in the hospital. He had been there since the previous Wednesday but today was different. The team of doctor's were telling us that we would need to contact hospice as they were no longer going to try and keep him alive but rather prepare his body for palliative care. As my husband of 55 1/2 years, tried to digest the information we looked at each other and knew that it was time. It was then that I knew - and in that knowing my life suddenly changed. I no longer needed to depend on what the doctor's were doing. I no longer needed to depend on anything at all in my physical world. My mind drifted in the spiritual world. A world where I was very comfortable for the Lord had carried me through so many things and moments in my life. Looking back I realized that it was at peace with ALL that was going on. Yes, it was a comforting peace and quiet peace where the outside world was not allowed to enter into my peace. As the day progressed and other people needed to do the things that had to be done my husband and I were together going along with whatever needed to be done by other people. He was at peace also for he knew where he was going and there was a stillness even when we were together. He passed away the following evening with me and my son by his side. In all the years of our married life there were sweet times and hard times and difficult times and precious times and I must say that the two days - Wednesday and Thursday were very precious days, knowing that we would not be seeing each other this side of heaven. It has already been a year and so many blessings the Lord has given is another whole story to write about. There are two truths that the Lord gave me upon my husband's passing. The first - "sit still, my daughter", (Ruth 3:18) and the second - "you are MINE". He has never left me and I mean all of me. He is my constant, my consistent, and my continuous! I remember talking to a dear sister-in-Christ shortly before my husband passed away, she had told me that Jesus was with her all the time and it would be the same with me. And yes, my testimony today after almost a year is this. He has never left and the embracing love that He gives me each morning is forever etched in my mind. Let us pray - Abba Father, All praise and glory and honor to You. O, Lord, I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she would hear Your song being sung over her, feel Your embracing Love, and trust that her days are still being written by You, the author and finisher of her faith. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Blessings my dear and precious Sisters-in Christ,
LyndiaSue


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home