God is Light - 1 John 1:5-7
Greetings dear and precious Sisters-in-Christ,
We have been having some serious and severe thunderstorms this past week. The kind of storms that roll in and the skies turn to darkness!! A kind of darkness that is eerie and ominous. I do not remember having this kind of darkness in the mid day. It was sunny and then it was dark!! As I watched the dark clouds move accompanying the LOUD roar of the thunder and the bright flashes of the lightning I was struck by the contrast of just how magnificent is the sound of nature and the helplessness of having to wait and see how the scenario plays out. God is so Great and God is Light. As I read 1 John 1:5-7, "This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.", yesterday morning I had to pause and give Him all the glory and praise and worship, for He is the Lord of my life. I also revisited the scene that I had witnessed when the thunderstorm rolled in and the darkness was over the area BUT when the lightning I then saw the contrast. The lightning dispelled the darkness. I know my example pales so much but verse 7 really struck a cord for me. Let us pray - Abba Father, Gracious and Good God, thank You that You have given us Your Word and given us so many promises that at times we are undone with Your Love for us. Lord I pray for each dear and precious sister-in-Christ that she would fellowship with Him and walk in the Light and have the blessed assurance that the blood of Jesus His Son will cleanse us from ALL sin. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Walking in the Light,
LyndiaSue


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home